Laser hair removal treatment is so in. While the result will be a chef’s kiss, you need to keep a few things in mind before getting your Laser done.
Keep in mind that there are no laser machines that will give you 100% hair removal. There are different techniques for laser hair removal for face. The laser removal will depend on the thickness of your facial hair, the colour of your facial hair, and the colour of your skin. So different laser machines will give you different results:
- For coarse, thick dark hair and fair skin.
- For dark coarse hair and dark skin, its ND: Yag/Diode Laser.
- For fine/Thin Hair, irrespective of your skin colour, Dark Hair is ND Yag laser.
- For light coloured hair, irrespective of skin colour and hair thickness, the Laser doesn’t work because there are no pigments to absorb the laser light.
What to expect before you undergo a laser hair removal treatment?
If you are a female and have a very thick and dark growth of hair on your face, then it’s essential for you to do a hormonal assessment because there are high chances of facing some hormonal imbalance.
The levels of androgen hormone might increase in your blood. The effect of the Laser will be very slow if there is any hormonal imbalance.
So before starting the session, your doctor might check up on your hormones and then start your treatment accordingly.
Always use sun protection cream or sunscreen to prevent burns during the Laser hair removal treatment. Also, this will reduce the chances of pigmentation.
Steps/ Process for laser hair removal treatment:
- Your face should be prepared by shaving or trimming the area where the laser lights will be used.
- Then a numbering cream will be applied for 45 minutes-1 hour
- Wear protective eyewear to cover the eyes
- After that, the laser light will be applied to your face
- During the session, one might feel slight stinging or pain in their face
- Ice packs will be provided immediately to cool down your skin
- After the ice pack, your face will be cleaned, and an anti-inflammatory cream and sunscreen will be applied.
What to expect after the laser hair removal treatment?
There will be light redness on your face for 1 to 2 days
You need to apply an anti-inflammatory cream for a week prescribed by your doctor
There will be slight roughness or dryness of your skin; use a good moisturiser.
Sun protection is critical after a laser session, so protect your face from sunburns and use proper sunscreen.
Cost of a laser hair removal treatment:
The laser hair removal treatment cost depends entirely on the kind of machine and technology used. Different clinics across the world charge according to their equipment. It also depends on whether a doctor/technician performs your laser treatment.
Side effects of a laser hair removal treatment:
There will be a slight stinging or burning sensation on your skin during the treatment procedure.
Slight redness for 1-2 days after the process
Serious side effects which are rare may happen like blisters, pigmentation and scarring.
Approx. 4-to 6 sessions of laser hair removal for the face will give you good results because the Laser cannot target all the follicles at once. This depends on the hair growth of your face and the pigmentation of your hair strands.
The interval between two sessions will be 2-4 weeks, depending on your hair growth. The more sessions you do, the more time between two intervals will increase.
Here are some essential facts you need to know before getting your laser hair removal treatment done. While there are some myths about laser treatment, like it is not safe because it exposes you to radiation, it won’t suit the skin right, or it will cause various skin problems, bust those myths. Also, talk to a dermatologist in delhi, if you want to get your Laser done; everyone wants stubble-free skin! Also read about the Top Benefits of Visiting a Podiatrist Regularly and many more articles on Viral Sant.