The global Pandemic has accelerated the demand for online grocery shopping. Since the pandemic policies don’t allow people to shop at public places to maintain social distance and quarantine. The reason why online grocery delivery is now indispensable.
According to studies, US food and beverage retail e-commerce sales were expected to surpass $38 billion in 2023, giving the industry a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.3% during this span, per an eMarketer forecast from 2019. China, the world’s second-largest economy, is anticipated to become one of the biggest online grocery markets with a projection of US$110 Billion, growing at a 20.5% CAGR through 2027.
Therefore, the rise demands custom food and grocery app development for a better customer experience. So whether you are a startup or an enterprise and planning to develop your mobile application then this blog post is for you.
But if you are new in the market with your product then you should outsource food and grocery app development services because food and grocery application development services can help you build your brand from the ground up in no time.
Benefits of Grocery Ordering App Development
- Grocery application is available 24/7 and therefore users can order groceries and daily essentials anytime they want, from anywhere they want.
- Apart from being accessible, Grocery App Development solutions are also very convenient since they save a lot of useful customer time otherwise spent on physically visiting and browsing through the aisles. All users have to do is out in their request and wait for things to be delivered right at their front door.
- Additionally, grocery app services can improve their services based on the customer’s feedback and ratings and understand what their users want and not.
- Online ordering tracking makes things easier for customers since they can know the estimated time and day of their delivery based on which they can ensure their availability.
- Online payment options eliminate the hassle of paying with cash, also, provide customers with flexibility if choosing among different payment methods as needed.
- Companies can easily do in-app marketing and offer discounts for customer retention and loyalty.
Important Components of Food and Grocery App Development
- Your mobile application development should be rich in user interface and user experience design for better UI/UX branding. Because a visually appealing and rich design enables users to sign up seamlessly.
- Your products should be categorized into separate and relevant categories as it results in a smooth shopping experience that increases customer retention rates. For example, drinks should be under the drinks category, staples should be under staples, etc.
- Offer different payment options so that users can pay however they like. It doesn’t mean you remove the option of cash payments altogether. It should be still an option but not the only option.
- Offer search functionality. It enables users to find the product they are looking for without getting lost in the sea of products and categories. Better yet offer voice functionality. Your search function should be multi-lingual to support every kind of customer equally.
- A robust admin application panel is important for managing inventory and accepting, canceling customer requests and orders.
- Push notifications to keep customers informed and updated about deals, discounts, and the status of their orders.
- Know how to implement AI in your Business to improve your operations and to offer personalized services
How to Develop Mobile Apps for Food & Grocery?
Do your Market Research
You have an idea, you know you want to develop an on-demand services application idea. According to Business Insider, the on-demand grocery category will see an upsurge in users. The expectation is that online grocery delivery may reach $117 billion in 2023.
The next thing you need to do is to do market research to look for your potential customer, what they need and why they need it. Apart from that, running a competitive analysis is also very important which tells you about the things you need to do differently to stand out. You should consider the following questions.
- Are there any similar applications available in the market?
- What is your target market?
- How will you monetize your product?
- Who are your competitors and why?
- Which problem will your application solve?
- What features and functionality will it have and need?
- Will you outsource and hire grocery app developers or do you have in-house expertise?
These are just some basic questions you need to follow while you are doing your product research. Moreover, good market research is always important no matter the product or industry you are targeting as it enables you to introduce just the right features and business model to meet your business needs.
Having said that, if you are looking to save cost and time both, we suggest, you outsource a food and grocery app development company for better results and optimal performance and expertise. They can not only guide you with the process but they can be your partner for future collaborations since grocery apps are a long-term project and always need a team to maintain, upgrade and look after it from time to time. Also read about Top 5 Video Editing Software for Everyone and more articles on Viral Sant.