Australia has a big pet industry with mostly young pet owners. Approximately 61% of households have one pet. Cats have a growing following, and many pet owners prioritize care for their furry creatures.
As humans, we take our ability to breathe fresh air, smell the flowers, and feel the sunshine every day for granted—but not our cats. They stand in the breeze, sniff every plant they come across, and bask in every opportunity that comes their way.
Instead of denying a chance for them to go out, why not install a convenient patio cat door? In addition to the previously mentioned advantages of enjoying the great outdoors, there are several more advantages to installing a patio cat door.
What is a Patio Pet Door?
It’s a pre-installed pet door in your sliding door track that takes up space in your patio panel. They’re quick and easy to set up, making them an excellent non-permanent solution. It’s also possible to match your current sliders with aluminium or vinyl frame panels.
Whether you have a Maine Coon or a Singapura, patio pet doors are available in different sizes so that your cat won’t have difficulty in getting out or coming in. Aside from the obvious “providing your cats the freedom and security they require,” a patio pet door has several other advantages.
Pet Patio Door Benefits
- Cats can use these doors to enter your home when the weather is terrible or they need to hide from their attackers.
- You may choose between white, bronze, and black to match your patio’s colour scheme as another benefit. In this situation, your pet door can fit in with your patio’s design and colour, making it nearly undetectable.
- With a pet door, it’s easy to remember to let your cat go out for a walk, play, or relieve himself regularly — something that’s easy to overlook when you’re running about all day.
- You no longer have to worry about ensuring your pet has enough bathroom breaks throughout the day since pet doors are an inexpensive and easy method to allow your animal more freedom. In addition, it encourages movement, which improves the health and agility of your pet as a whole.
- Pets may go outside through patio pet doors to enjoy the fresh air. In addition to adding value to your home, they may complement your patio thanks to the wide range of colours and designs available.
What to consider before installation
- Establish your purpose. Is it exercise or to enjoy the outside world?
- Consider the size of your pet.
- How safe is your area; does it pose any threat to your feline
- Is your property fenced in? Would your kitty not get lost and find his way back?
- Are there poisonous plants outside or other larger animals?
Even if your cat is accustomed to staying indoors, it still needs to go outside and play, scratch a tree, or dig a hole in the dirt. With the right patio cat door, you won’t even have to get out of bed to allow your pet to wander freely.
In your search for the finest cat flap, it’s critical to consider your lifestyle, budget, and the breed of your cat. In this article, we’ve compiled some advice to help you locate the perfect cat door and put an end to the nighttime meowing and early morning clawing. Read more articles on Viral Sant.