Unrecoverable error in Quickbooks is among the common issues that you can encounter. Usually, the error occurs when you attempt to open a company file and the software fails to connect to the server. In case you have also stumbled on the unrecoverable error, here is a complete fixation guide for you. We have explained all the reasons and fixes for the error in this guide.
Possible Reasons to Encounter Unrecoverable Error
- One of the common reasons is that the system’s hardware is damaged.
- In case there is sudden power damage.
- Network issues can also lead to the Quickbooks error.
- Moreover, you can also face the error if you are using an outdated version of the Windows operating system or any updated file is missing from the system.
- Also, there may be issues with the data integrity of the Quickbooks file
Resolve Unrecoverable Error in Quickbooks with These Fixes
Here are all the methods that you can opt to fix the unrecoverable error in Quickbooks. Make sure that you follow the methods properly to fix the issue without any complications.
Fix 1: Copy and Open the Company File From Desktop
- For this, you will have to open the Quickbooks company file folder on the system.
- Next, you will have to use the find tab and look for the file having the qbw extension.
- After this, you will have to right-click on the qbw file and then click on the Copy option.
- You will then have to paste that file on the desktop.
- After this, you will have to press and hold the CTRL key until the No company open window open on the screen.
- When done, you will have to click on the open option and then choose the Browse option.
- You will then have to open the file from the desktop folder that you have created.
Fix 2: Create a New Account in Windows
- For this, you will have to tap on the start icon and then choose the settings option. You will then have to choose the family and other users options.
- Now, you will have to choose the option to add someone to the system.
- You will then have to choose the option for I do not have this person’s sign-in info option. After this, you will have to choose the option to add a user.
- Now, you need to enter the name of the account according to your preference.
- Also, you will have to choose the finish option and then complete the process.
- After this, you will have to also assign a password for the security of the software.
- You will then have to use the account that you have recently created and then choose the admin option.
- Next, you will have to click on the Ok tab and then log in using your new account credentials.
- For this, you will have to open the Run window on the screen. You need to press the Windows and R keys together to open the window.
- Next, in the Run window, you will have to type Control panel and then choose Ok.
- When done, you will have to click on the option for user accounts and then click on the option to manage another account option.
- Now, you will have to tap on the option to add a new account.
- You will now have to choose the account type as administrator and then choose to create an account option.
Fix 3: Start Reboot.bat File
- You will first have to look for the reboot.bat file on the system. You will find it in the C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Intuit\Quiickbooks xxx Ver 00.0 folder.
- When found, you will have to right-click on the reboot.bat file and then choose to run as an admin.
- You will then have to wait for the process to complete.
- On completion, start Quickbooks on the system and then check if you are facing the same issue or not.
Fix 4: Run Quickbooks Tool Hub
Quickbooks tool hub can help you get rid of all the errors like Quickbooks unrecoverable error, Quickbooks error 6000, or network errors. Here are all the steps that you will have to follow to start the Quickbooks tool hub.
- For this, you will first have to download the tool hub on the system.
- You will then have to start the installation process by clicking on the downloaded file. Now, you will have to follow all the instructions appearing in the prompt to complete the installation process.
- Next, you will have to click on the tool hub icon to start the tool. You will now have to click on the program problems tab.
- Now, you will have to choose the Quick fix my program option.
- Wait for the tool to start on the system. You will then have to wait till the scan is completed.
- Next, you will have to close the tool window and then check if you are still facing the issue.
So, this was the complete troubleshooting process to fix Quickbooks unrecoverable error. Each method is explained in detail and you need to follow each step in the same way to avoid any error. We hope that the article has helped you. Also, read about Outlook Error code [pii_email_4dd09cddea0cd66b5592] and [pii_email_ea7f2bf3c612a81d6e28] and many more informative articles on Viral Sant.