Most of us enjoy communicating and expressing our emotions. SnapChat, thankfully, provides us with such a fantastic opportunity. And its efforts to please us paid off: according to statistics (Statista, spring 2017), the service has surpassed even Instagram and Twitter in popularity among American teenagers.
It’s no surprise that so many businesses are considering how to create an app similar to Snapchat, the app that has captured the hearts of users with its disappearing photos and 10-second video spots.
The Snapchat founders defied all expectations when their app reached 7 billion daily views after refusing to advertise until 2015 and rejecting two major purchase offers (from Google and Facebook) (as of January 2016). And, whereas Snapchat’s original goal was to make $100 million per year, they now make around $100,000 per day.
But, first and foremost, what is SnapChat, and how does it work? Is it even possible to follow in its footsteps?
Yes, if you follow our advice, you can make an app similar to Snapchat. Continue reading to learn more.
A Brief Description of the Snapchat App
SnapChat was created as a photo and video sharing application. The concept worked, and it gained popularity among the younger generation. Furthermore, many smart businessmen today are eager to launch their own photo-sharing apps, such as SnapChat.
It’s easy to see why entrepreneurs envy the SnapChat owners; the main reason is that they have a good and consistent source of income.
SnapChat’s Features are as Follow:
- Users love exchanging incredible self-destructing snaps (videos or photos) and the ability to edit their media messages with a variety of fun filters.
- Boring text messages are a thing of the past. Most chat applications provide users with a plethora of colorful stickers that greatly enhance any online communication. SnapChat is no different.
- Lenses are a fantastic way to boost one’s mood. You can choose from seven lenses (which are actually different types of amusing animations) to overlay on your photo to create a funny effect.
- The user can enhance his snap with a specific pattern found in a particular location, and the list goes on.
Numerous other features make this app unique and simple to use.
Steps to Build SnapChat Like App
As we all know, apps like SnapChat are meant to be a communication tool that provides various services for expressing our emotions, such as stickers, media content sharing, and so on.
Examine the following points when considering the simplest way to create an app like SnapChat:
- Consider the type of communication you want to provide and the features your app should include.
- Make a list of requirements (these are the features you’ll have in the future);
- Choose the platforms on which your app will run. The best option is to ensure that your service works on any device. However, if you’re on a tight budget, you can start by creating a Snapchat clone for Android (or Snapchat mobile app working only with iOS devices). That’s what Snapchat did if you remember: the company released an Android app in 2012.
- Find a development team capable of properly implementing your project;
- Consider how to monetize a social media app like SnapChat.
- Recruit marketers and a customer service team for your app.
Consider the following steps in the development of a typical instant messaging app:
Research: This stage aims to find the best solution for your company, project budget, and expectations.
Documentation: Now is the time to prepare and sign a contract outlining all of the terms and conditions of your future collaboration.
Prototyping: Experts should present a prototype that includes wireframes for each app screen and a detailed user flow and discuss the details with you until you give your final approval.
UI/UX Design: It is a term that refers to the design of a user interface. Almost any app similar to Snapchat has a clean, beautiful, intuitive, and user-friendly interface, as you’ve probably noticed. As a result, the UI/UX stage is extremely important.
Coding: This is it, right? Yes, this is the very moment when the developers are actually working on a Snapchat app clone. The concept that was once just a fantasy becomes a real working service and a potential source of income.
Quality Control: To find and eliminate technical errors and ensure the high quality of the final product, the QA team must conduct a series of app testing activities.
The final but crucial stage of messaging app development is release. It’s also critical that your app like SnapChat is published as soon as it’s finished.
How Much Does it Cost to Create a SnapChat Like App?
You’re probably curious about the Snapchat development cost, among other things, so that you can plan your budget.
How much should an app like SnapChat (Android or iOS) cost? If you ask a developer such a question, you are unlikely to get a clear answer. This is natural because the process of software development is complex.
In general, the cost of a mobile service is determined by the amount of time developers spend developing it.
The complexity of an app influences the speed with which it is built. According to the figures provided by Gigster, experts spent six to ten weeks developing mobile apps. Of course, according to Gigster, an application with full functionality would be 3-4 times more expensive than a minimally viable product. And it would take another 3-4 months to develop.
You can begin by creating an MVP model that includes the following key features:
Registration, sharing of media content, and text messages. It takes 300 to 700 hours to create such an application.
However, if you want to create a full-featured app like SnapChat, your developers will need between 1200 and 1600 hours. Of course, the longer it takes, the more money it costs.
If you want to create a successful app like SnapChat, you’ll need to start a strong advertising campaign. Even if you limit yourself to social media promotion, we believe you know that it requires a significant sum of money.
Good chat apps must be alive and updatable to make a profit. Whether you want to or not, you’ll have to invest in ongoing app support. When making budgeting decisions, keep this in mind.
App Support Means
- Adding new features
- Putting the service through its paces to make sure it’s running smoothly
- Correction of any possible mistakes
As you can see, developing Snapchat mobile apps necessitates a professional approach. With the assistance of a professional, you will be able to have a modern app with a simple and attractive design that will appeal to users. Raed more articles on Viral Sant.